What is Hidradenitis Suppurativa? How You can Get Complete Cure ?
Hidradenitis Suppurativa is a non-contagious skin disease also known as Acne Inversa. This condition affects those parts of the body where there is skin to skin contact and where sweat or oil glands are present; most common areas are the underarms, breasts, buttocks, anal region, and groin. It affects between 1 to 4% of the world’s total population, and is more common in females as compared to males.
What are common Symptoms of Hidradenitis Suppurativa
Hidradenitis Suppurativa is characterized by persistent abscesses, cysts (epidermoid, sebaceous, and pilonidal) and infections. This is chronic condition and often their is alternating periods of remission and flare-ups. During flare-ups, the inflammation tends to be severe and patients may develop fever and become very fatigued. The pain can be unbearable and the person’s movements will be very limited. The abscesses often drain pus and leave open wounds that may not heal. Eventually, abscesses may become interconnected through tunnels under skin and this makes the disease difficult to treat.
The most common cause of Hidradenitis Suppurativa is clogging of the apocrine glands, due to dead skin cells become trapped in the gland, over production of oil, or bacterial accumulation. This will cause the plug to swell with pus formation. What causes this simple blockage to progress into a full blow Hidradenitis Suppurativa case is still a matter of debate, however, possible theories suggest an auto-immune reaction, hormone imbalances and genetic disorders. It is also known that excessive sweating and being overweight increases the risk of developing the condition. Furthermore, wearing tight clothing, excessive shaving, using lithium medications and hot humid climates have been also identified as triggering factors.
Clinically, Hidradenitis Suppurativa is described to occur in three stages.
Stage 1 is characterized by the presence of a single or multiple abscesses without scarring whicht may be misdiagnosed as acne.
Stage 2 is characterized by recurrent abscesses, lesions and sinus tract formation. In this stage inflammation will limit the person’s range of movement.
Stage 3 is characterized by severe inflammation leading to swellings up to the size of baseballs. Scarring is prevalent, due to frequent infections.
Hidradenitis Suppurativa: Top Ten Tips You must Follow
1.Must Quit Smoking! More than 80% of Hidradenitis Suppurativa patients are chain smokers.Habit of somoking is both a causative and aggravating factor. Stoping Smoking always brings improvements in disease condition.
2. Must Lose excess body weight. If their is overweight, their will be more frictional forces in areas of skin-to-skin contact, and this will aggravate Hidradenitis Suppurativa and make it difficult to treat.
3. Avoid excessive shaving of the area. Shaving irritates the affected area and condition may become worse.
4. Apply ice packs to the affected area. The cold application will act as an analgesic and also decrease inflammation, which will improve the condition and provide symptomatic relief.
5. Add more fish in diet , and avoid meat. Fish, especially oily ones like salmon and mackerel, are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which help the body to recover inflammation. On the other hand, red meat contains saturated fat, which increases inflammation. If you will keep your diet high in anti-inflammatory foods, your condition will definitely improve.
6. Wear loose-fitting clothing. and avoid Tight clothing. Tight Clothing is a causative and aggravating factor, as it increases frictional forces in the area and makes the area humid.
7. Find a way to deal with stress and Anxiety. Stress is both a causative and aggravating factor, and is one of the main triggers of flare-ups. Find the time to do pleasurable relaxing activities. Discuss with a counselor to help you find ways to deal with stress and anxiety.
8. Add Plenty of vitamin C! in Diet. This vitamin not only boosts the immune system but also speeds up wound healing process because Vitamin C stimulates the formation of collagen. Foods high in vitamin C are citrus fruits, kiwi, strawberries, bell peppers and dark green vegetables. Alternatively, you can take a daily supplement.
9. Use of tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is an essential oil with strong antiseptic and skin-enhancing properties. Put some drops of tea tree oil on a ball of cotton and apply to the affected area for a few minutes every day.
10. Seek psychological support. Hidradenitis Suppurativa can be very hard psychologically, and some persons end up alienating themselves. Discuss with your trusted family members and friends about it, and get in touch with a local support group
Treatment and Management of Hidradenitis Suppurativa
Treatment of Hidradenitis Suppurativa will depend on the clinical presentation of disese and extent of the disease. Antibiotics are prescribed to treat any infections and Corticosteroids, NSAIDs and other anti-inflammatory drugs are also widely used for anti-inflammatory effect. For some cases, surgical intervention may be needed. Sometimes, Electron Beam Radiotherapy is also used in Europe.
Unfortunately, medical treatments for Hidradenitis Suppurativa are of very limited effectiveness and may cause side effects. Lifestyle changes, dietary intervention and natural extracts are often more effective for controlling the condition and getting remission, and indeed a complete cure of disease is possible without any medical intervention. Lifestyle changes include the use of hydrotherapy, balneotherapy and icing of the area. Dietary intervention includes the adoption of an anti-inflammatory diet, use of specific vitamin and mineral supplements, and maintaimg healthy bodyweight.
For a complete guide on curing Hidradenitis Suppurativa through a natural and holistic approach, visit
Wilson is a certified nutritionist, holistic health consultant and a Hidradenitis Suppurativa specialist.
To Get complete guide on curing Hidradenitis Suppurativa through a natural and holistic approach